Green Kiwifruit and Broccoli Salad
Love a good old steak!? Try this variation to get your iron hit!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 200g beef steak, room temperature
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 green kiwifruit, quartered
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- Handful coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 Tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- Rub the steaks with olive oil and season with pepper. Heat a frying pan and cook for a few minutes each side, until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover and rest before slicing thinly across the grain. Place the broccoli in a saucepan filled with salted boiling water. Simmer for 3 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Combine remaining veggies and herbs in a bowl.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to combine. Pour over the salad ingredients and toss to combine. Top with the sliced steak. Enjoy 🙂