This yummy lemon cake has a surprising ingredient that you don’t normally see in cakes, but it works a treat!
This cake is also gluten free.
How to make:
1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20 cm cake tin with baking paper. Add butter/oil, sour cream and sugar to a bowl and beat until light and fluffy. We used our Kenwood Chef for this with the K beater.
2) Beat in eggs, then add the ground almonds, mashed potato, lemon zest and baking powder, mix to combine. Again, we used our Kenwood Chef.
3) Spoon mixture into the lined cake tin and bake for approx. 50 minutes or until firm to the touch and golden brown. Allow to cool in the tin, then remove and allow to cool completely.
4) When the cake is cool, make the lemon drizzle by dissolving the sugar in the juice of the lemon. You can do this in a small pan, or in the microwave, heating for around 20 seconds.
5) Prick holes in the top of the cake with a skewer and then drizzle the syrup over.