Here’s a dessert to share that even your gluten-free friends can enjoy! This recipe is a light, healthier version of cheesecake and we guarantee it will go down a TREAT!
The base is raw, made with nuts and dates (which we whizzed together in a Kenwood food processor) with a cooked topping.
How to make:
1) Preheat oven to 150c then grease and line a 20cm circular loose bottom tin (or tin of your choice) with baking paper and set aside.
2) To make the base, gently melt the coconut oil or butter in the microwave or by placing it in a heatproof bowl over a pan of steaming water with the heat turned off.
3) Place the desiccated coconut and nuts into a food processor and blend until the mixture looks like chunky crumbs.
4) Add the dates (ensuring you have removed the pits!), lemon zest and coconut oil/butter then blend in a food processor until well combined. Press the base mixture evenly into the prepared tin, then bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
5) Clean the food processor bowl and blade then put all the ingredients for the filling into the food processor and blend together until smooth and well combined. Don’t panic if it’s quite runny as it will set in the oven.
6) Carefully pour cheesecake filling over cooked base. Bake for approx 50 mins – 1 hour or until just set (the filling should have a slight wobble).
7) Set aside to cool. Once completely cool, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with your choice of fruit topping if desired!