A pick n mix plate is a winning combo to get in your veggies, healthy fat, wholegrain carbs, fibre and protein, all in one plate.
- Wholegrain crackers - A favourite is corn thins. Top with avocado and tomato and one with blue cheese, yum!!
- Tuna or cottage cheese, both good options to boost the protein component
- Carrot and hummus for an extra veggie serve and some protein/fibre
- Sauerkraut for dose of healthy bacteria for my gut
- Nuts and seeds for healthy fat and protein
Mix things up by using:
- Cooked chicken, meat, fish, canned fish or boiled eggs for your protein
- Wholegrain bread, wholegrain crackers, wholegrain/meal wraps or rice(ideally brown) for your carb element
- Oily fish, olive or nut oil in a salad dressing, to add protein and healthy fat
Give this a whirl!