A healthier twist on a kids favourite packed with protein to keep your kids feeling full! The perfect way to get your kids in the kitchen.
How to make:
1) Pour boiling water onto the frozen veggies and allow to defrost. Drain the water off, then pour boiling water on them again to make the veggies warmer.
2) Beat the eggs and add the veggies.
3) Heat the oil in a small non stick pan and add the egg mixture.
4) Cook over a medium heat until the egg starts to set.
5) Sprinkle over grated cheese and then put the pan under the grill to melt the cheese and finish cooking the egg.
Serving ideas: Yummy on its own but you can also serve with toast triangles, toasted pita bread and sticks of cucumber, chunks of avocado and cherry tomatoes.
You can use any veggies that your kids will eat. Grated courgette or chopped tomatoes maybe? Left over cooked broccoli or carrots also work well.
Add in ham, pineapple, cooked chicken, chunks of cheese or any combos of normal pizza topping that your kids enjoy into the egg mix before you cook it.
Want to boost the fibre? Add a tablespoon of chia seeds to the mix to make a speckled pizza omelette. 1 tbsp of chia seeds has the same amount of fibre as 1.5 cups of veggies.