...and fasting - is it something we need to be doing? How many times to eat a day? Watch Claire Turnbull's interview on TVNZ Breakfast to find out!
- Aim for 10-12 hours overnight without food.
- Avoid the mindless eating - snacking is so easy to do in the evening when 9 times out of 10, it’s habit not true hunger.
- Eat breakfast when you are hungry but if you are not at home, pack something nutritious.
- It’s ok to feel hungry and kids need to know that’s ok too, grazing all day isn’t ideal.
- It takes around 20 mins for your brain to get the signal that you’re full and it’s ok to stop eating - so eat slowly and wait before having seconds.
- Put all the things you mindlessly nibble on out of sight/easy reach to make it easier.
Claire didn’t manage to get to all the types of fasting diets that she was hoping to but here’s some great reading here if you want to find out more.
Get to understand your body clock better here too.